Thursday, December 15, 2022

Whoops I Irreplicably Fried My Drive Working on the Major Project I'd Had Going on for Literally the Whole Decade So Far??

Alright so. I'm not sure how much can be salvaged of this, seeing how the original file was stored on a hard drive that didn't fry, an old C: drive of an old computer hooked up externally to the new one, but... since then, with all the Adobe updates going on and each new year needing an upgraded filetype and thus needing a new file building off of the old ones, I'm sure the project must have at some point migrated onto the new, internal and now fried, drive of the new computer. It was certainly saving to the desktop, and I don't think as a shortcut. 

And it feels like I've been swinging from vine to vine all this time and missed this last one? 


So let me explain that. There had been, like I said, an old computer whose files I managed to salvage, and there are nested generations of that, from that and onto that and from there onto this. And I did manage, I had managed, to get the computer booted after the fry, and everything was up and running, until I restarted it without backing anything up from there-- and really why would I have with everything looking good? 

(The reason I restarted the computer from there had to do with, well, Adobe updates...)

So I'm not sure what the state of the project I'd been working on, the one that had required such intensive processing as to fry my dude, will look like; it was a video file so (most of) the footage it was comprised of is still extant (and much else quite replicable, even if it's going to be a hassle to do so) and the progress missing mostly the editing of those files, and even the data that those files should even be part of the project.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Still too foggy-headed from my cold to really care about much, and the fact that I haven't had usage of my desktop PC in over a week anyway puts further distance on it. Not sure if this is another one of those Greatest American Hero situations where I felt relieved when McKenna spurned my advances, or what. We'll put in a new C drive and, see, where to go from there; too soon to call anything past that, whether I just abandon the project entirely or, what.

1 comment:

  1. Hey my brother-in-law Chris (Heather's brother) is a computer wizard. He knows how to fix computers. Maybe he can help?

    ReplyDelete