Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Scrambling to rerecord stuff for my video at the last second

Recording audio today! My 9-and-a-half-hour video premieres in, 4 days, and, I still have audio to record. Like, a lot of audio to record. Most of it rerecording, but some of it adding some stuff in at the last minute. It's taking even longer than I thought it would and I thought it would take long! I'm glad I failed in my goal to record audio at night! Don't have much time to type!

My 2023 At-A-Glance was missing for months, and it had a lot of great notes about which sections needed to be rerecording entirely, but it was only rediscovered a couple of weeks ago, so, like, can't actually, do the stuff that I thought would've been a good idea, although I could finally recover the notes I took on certain sections that I realized could've been restructured or signposted as being in list format (notes were taken by listening to project all the way through; the ideas come across differently when spoken vs when you can see how they're laid out typographically.)  

My recording setup today is so much better, getting really good audio, but it's just going to have to be the noticeably better new audio right next to the old stuff. Honestly, I'm kinda attached to the old audio anyway. Hopefully I'll be able to get this done by the end of the month, spend the 1st putting the new audio in place in the project and putting footage in place, spend the 2nd finishing off the graphics and   everything, spend the 3rd putting the music in place, spend the 4th premiering it. I don't think I'm gonna succeed in even this goal, I've been recording all day and am only halfway through what needs to be done, so we might need to ship with incomplete graphics maybe?, but I'm not stressed actually. Too much has come together too conveniently for it to have been anything but Providence, and if God's got my back as I finish this stuff up, then like, cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment