Wednesday, February 29, 2012

   So, I finally got around to watching that honey badger thing last night, only about a year late. It seemed vaguely familiar, so maybe I had seen parts of it before not knowing it was supposed to be high comedy. Whatever. At least now I know why image search is clogged up with carefree ratels whenever I try to look up badgers (several times now, thank you very much for asking.)


   It was alright, I suppose. The video deals with a sassy nature documentary narrator explaining mostly what amounts to the eating habits of Mellivora capensis, and to what lengths it can go to get food: getting bitten by snakes for snake meat, getting stung by bees for bee larva, etc. It was vaguely humorous, but ultimately aimless, and the only reason it lasted as long as it did (three minutes eighteen seconds, if I p.jann jrpp.jynf (sorry about that, my keyboard has a tendency to switch to the Dvorak layout on me) recall correctly) is because that's the length of the original, boringly narrated National Geographic video. The production quality was lower than I expected from what people were saying about it, but maybe that's part of its charm? Perhaps in a later post I will detail to you exactly my ideas on the subject of trying to achieve as high a production value as possible.

   So all in all, I was not impressed. By that, I mean I guess it was worth watching, but I thought to be more than a little overrated. 

   I'm not saying it was terrible. What I am just saying is, there's no reason for a single three minute video to inspire greater than or equal to four different t-shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment