Thursday, April 30, 2015

1,000 Things!

   Argh I've got like 1,000 things I need to share today! It's so exciting, but, uh, I'll try to organize my thoughts as cohesively as possible.
   RYAN IS HOME TODAY, for one. It's been two years since he set out on his mission, and today's the day he returns. Ho boy, mixed feelings! Though not really. I know exactly how trippy it's gonna be for him. It wasn't so long ago that I was the Elder Perazzo returning home from his mission. Almost half a year ago, you say? Gosh.

   But, yeah. Pretty major stuff! But my even talking about it raises a few questions-- namely: the last post I did was a couple of weeks ago, about my nephew being born, yeah (oh, congratulations; why thank you.) So, what, is this blog now only for major things anymore, like the births of nephews and the return of brothers, though my blogging used to be quite daily? Is it only a, serious event, what's-going-on-in-your-life type deal now, or what? That'd be fine if it were, but, actually that question brings me to a second point.
   THIS IS THE 1,000th POST PUBLISHED ON THIS BLOG, in case you weren't counting. Though, you know, not the thousandth day it's been around or anything, of course. This is the thousandth post ever posted, but with backdating posts and getting all the in-between stuff I don't have posts for, (the, missed a few days, thing.) I haven't been posting up my backlog which I've totally got like I should have, though I do have a bunch of posts written but not posted. They await only minor copyedits and the actual "go" signal, but, no, I haven't posted them. I could've let the quadruple digit mark happen sometime during backposts, but I've actually refrained from posting a lot of the material that I do have because, post 1,000, that should come in its own little package now, shouldn't it? I tend to dump these in chunks, and I totally might have missed it had I not been careful.
   I've been going through a lot of the old stuff, of course. The "new" Thespis strips, from a couple of years ago but only posted up now, that kind of thing. Old stories I've written, too. The story I submitted to Machine of Death 2. And... I can see now why I got the rejection letter. And, all the drawings I did, for Thespis and even, like, all of them I posted up on the blog, or most of them, and, they're terrible. Should I be pleased that I've evolved that much? Should I be ashamed that I once thought that that stuff might have been good? What's past is passed, and part of the reason I posted all that is to be able to see this evolution, so, I'll let myself suck. This is one of my points, so, I'LL LET MYSELF SUCK.

   We don't want success. We're afraid of success.  For, precisely the reason that, we're not ready. I'm glad I got rejected. It's a good thing.

   But, anyway, uh... Yeah, I think that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment