Monday, August 27, 2012

Doing Stuff Again!

   I'm up and back in it. The city comes and goes, and right now I can't feel it at all. I do hope that doesn't jinx anything. So I'm working again. Doing some awesome fanart. Some stuff it's not worth talking about yet. Oh, and I'm knocking out some high-quality Persistence rewrite. Which is the really important thing, here (aside from the stuffy stuff.) It's important for writers to, um, write. (I'd say "right" here, and move on, but that'd sound too much like a pun after saying "writers" and "write," when it's only intended as a transition to the next subject. So, instead, I'm going to say, "sure.") Sure.

   The latest episode of Writing Excuses makes me realize that the Other//half universe is ideal, and in fact seems custom-made, for an RPG: a detailed science/magic system, lots of exotic locales, an in-universe "save points" mechanism in case of character death, layers of future history periods and stages of scientific development for a variety of modules. Sounds like a winning idea to me, aside from the fact that I'm a little uncomfortable with so many crawling around in my universe so that I wouldn't be sure the canon of anything. It's actually more than a little existentially disturbing. I do try to keep track of these things. So, I think we'll hold on that for now? Well, for that and for the fact that the project isn't even off the ground yet, and is as of yet still in the hangar being constructed. But, I would totally cross that bridge should it be come to.

   It's just that afterwards I would lie awake at night in terror of what's going on in my world. Brr. (Maybe by then there'd be some kind of web mechanism whereby players could automatically post progress in their campaigns and make a complete record of all that transpired therein? That'd sure be fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment