Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Don't Always

    I don't always propagate ridiculous memes, but when I do, it's because I've run out of all dignity, and afterward become severely depressed for a few days. Meh, it's worth it. So, here I am. Going through with it. I'm going through with it.

   It's still heavily debated whether it should be "Watchponies" or "Ponymen," because such a-- hold on a sec. Really? That's a debate? Oh, this is ridiculous. Am I sure that I'm really going through with this? Yes. Oh well. Ahem.

   It's still heavily debated whether it should be "Watchponies" or "Ponymen," (not that I would know personally or anything; shut up) and even the video can't seem to decide, but it's undeniable that a My Little Pony/Watchmen mashup does exist. You've probably seen this video already if you've spent any time on the internet, but, it's worth a second (or third or fourth or whatever) viewing.


 That's um... That's not bad. It's certainly quite well done. They clearly spent a lot of time and effort into getting the mouthflaps to match up. It's just made with so much love, you guys. Though it really raises the question, why? My Little Pony/ Watchmen? That's so arbitrary. Two different franchises with two different tones. Why these ones in particular? Other franchises I can see, but this is bizarrely specific, even for the internet. I suppose it could function as a "parody" of internet culture. Parody, yeah, that's it. I mean, this could definitely work, I mean just as a one-off deal, because I certainly wouldn't be able to explain the existence of more than one of these and... Aw frig there's more?
   I don't know. I really don't know. Why Pinkie Pie? Every time, it's Rorschach as Pinkie Pie. It was hilarious in the video, but it's bizarre to see it again here in an example that clearly wasn't inspired by the video (Rainbow Dash was the Comedian, and it was Applejack who was Nite Owl-- they are both voiced by Ashleigh Ball, but seeing as how the video has nothing to do with the original voice actors, it's definitely not inspired by that.) So this was two separate thought processes that led to two separate My Little Pony/ Watchmen mashups, and two separate thought processes that led to Pinkie Pie as Rorschach both times. It makes some kind of perverse kind of sense, but... Does that-- is that... I mean, that's gotta be a fanfic reference or something, right? I mean, the fanon views on-- you know what, I refuse to comment on this, since clearly it would just reveal my ignorance in the matter. I mean, if there were some other casting...


   Haha. This one... This one actually makes sense. Mare Do Well totes looks kinda like Rorschach, you guys! It might still be Pinkie here (it's not really clear in the show,) but... At least it's understandable in the context. Incidentally, that pun seems to crop up just as often, as well.


   How often does this situation come up anyway? Much more common that you'd initially assume. One or two people having the same idea, alright. More than that is kind of inexplicable. Is there anything in the source material that would suggest this amount of dedication to mashing up the two respective franchises like that? There's just a lot of people in the world, I guess, and it only takes one person to hit upon the idea initially. These guys all seem to have hit upon it individually, though; that's the scary part.


   See, this one is just baffling. And kind of awesome. Easily the coolest of the lot. But it doesn't really make sense, because Dr. Manhattan's whole shtick is being blue, naked, with a giant symbol and thing on his forehead, which- oh, is he not a unicorn? He's not a unicorn, guys. That's good. It at least kind of emphasizes the nudity. Makes him look more naked, somehow. Without the mane and everything. But, with no wings, and no horn, it doesn't really explain how the hay he's levitating. There's a reason they're called "earth ponies," you know. Maybe someone else is levitating him? Anyway, it's not really exactly uncommon to be blue and naked in this universe. Now all he's not going for him is being not a little pony, when Manhattan's all giant. Fun fact: My Little Pony is actually just a funsize spin-off from another Hasbro toy line, My Pretty Pony, hence the "little" in the smaller toys, so, maybe he's one of those then?


   Or, uh... Or not. Not's good too.

   I really need to post stuff that isn't already being done by media aggregation sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment