Sunday, August 26, 2012

My City Screams

   That title has nothing to do with the post. I just remembered how awesome the Spirit is, is all. Or maybe not? If by "city" you mean "toothache," and if by toothache you mean "lack-of-tooth ache," then, yes, my city totally screams. In fact, I think "city" is a better word for it, since the phrase "lack-of-tooth ache" is kind of awkward, and it feels like a big old city in my mouth. So, it's "city" from now on. I slept in my own bed last night, and took my last Amoxicillin capsule this morning, but apparently I'm not as far along as I thought because my city is still screaming. Or at least it was earlier.

   It's better now, actually. As long as the blood isn't rushing toward my mouth like it does when my head is down, I'm fine. I guess that's why I was on the couch all week. It's like a bed but it's also like a chair, in that your head can be elevated. Elevated head, comfy as a bed. Hey.

   Another reason, I guess, is because I genuinely needed to have a lie down, in a place more convenient than a bed. I'm doing activities again now, but I'm still kind of tired. Well, I suppose there'll be plenty of time to sleep at church today, do-ho-ho-ho-hoh! But no really, yeah. One thing they don't tell you about healing is all the goshdarn rest you need. You need a lot of it. Because it's, seriously, tiring.

   They say a lot of the Hebrews didn't look upon Moses's brass serpent to heal themselves after the fiery snake attack, and they figure it was because of pride. I just think they were too tired to be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment