Sunday, August 12, 2012

On Inane Status Updates

   Why do people post inane updates? Crap about their relationships and stuff that no one outside that very small circle cares. I know this seems like I'm just venting, but I actually have a point to make. I though about that and realized, the status updates about stupid politics of relationships are just as important to the posters as the ones of other posters about having an awesome life. What's important is important. Some people care about the outside world, so the outside world cares about them. Others only care about the crap that's happening with their friends, so the only ones who care are their friends. The ones who do things. Post about doing stuff. These are the movers and the shakers. But for these, where much is given perhaps much is required. I suppose it's a commentary on the nature of fame.

   Another thing is that people like that post only their feelings without posting why they feel that way. Vaguebooking. People who don't give out specifics, saying only things like "you." So vague as to be meaningless. Do they realize they're making themselves contemptible? But now I... I am just venting. So sorry.

   But, um, yes. Science has finally proven that vaguebookers will never amount to anything ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment