Monday, July 29, 2013

Dark Side of the Horse


   I'm not sure what this is, but I'm very, very impressed by it.


   It's the comic Dark Side of the Horse, by Samson! Which is definitely something. And as lame as the jokes can kind of get...


   ...IDK, there's just something about the presentation of the jokes that gets to me. This Samson (guy?) is a master of pacing and layouts, always using just the right style to invoke just the right mood.

   Dark Side of the Horse sometimes getting bizarrely self-aware. Wait. Did I say "sometimes?" I meant always. It's always bizarrely self-aware. And the aforementioned presentation really elevates it from common post-modern fair to make it something truly memorable. It's clean looks and snarky cynicism (and yes, I am using the correct it's there; bear with me), and absolutely bizarre pointless humor (see, I told you- it is clean looks, snarky cynicism, and bizarre pointless humor.) Think Garfield Minus Garfield, I guess, plus ponies (well, actually...)


   Okay, so it's better than Garfield minus Garfield plus Ponies.

http://www.gocomics.com/darksideofthehorse

No comments:

Post a Comment