Monday, July 1, 2013

Rawhide Vindaloo

   Coming up for you, my second hand at drawing a 24 hour comic. We weren't nearly as motivated this time, and didn't get far, though. I managed to crank out 24 pages, as nonsensical as those pages may be, if you count the marker-bled-through backs of the pages, which I'm doing here because I'm not being a Gaiman. 24 pages, completed, all right. Who cares about anything else?

   The concept for this one is, Bollywood '70s Western, in a world of humans and animals and plants and I guess the ability to reproduce with anything else. High concept, right? Yeah, it's all weird. I was trying to avoid Scourge stuff, tackling the 24 hour comic in a different way. A more realistic style, larger pages, an entirely unique setting. So, yeah. It comes out... trippy. Enjoy that.

   Another reason for the bizarrity is, I was thinking a lot about causality at that time, so I tried to make something that wasn't inevitable to make. I think I did a fairly good job on the first one, of doing a thing that felt right regardless of whether it felt inevitable, but I went in the opposite direction this time. Determinism isn't really a thing you can prove on way or the other, though, so I don't think the randomness mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment