Sunday, July 22, 2018

719320

None of the blogs on Mom's blog's blog sidebar have updated in DAYS, so I figured I'd break the trend. Driving me nuts. 719320, that's the security code I had to enter in since Google didn't recognize this computer when I signed in. Dad's Chromebook. Working on tomorrow's issues of the newsletter Dad and I write/edit up here at Camp Fleischmann.

So I've been up here over a month, and will be back home in a week. I'm not as stircrazy to finally get to play video games again, as I had been a few weeks ago. But it would be nice.

Plans for when I'm home? Well, most of them revolved around computer stuff, specifically access to this account that I'm on now, dumping all the ideas I've had up here into their appropriate Google Docs and editing them around so that everything fits more-or-less cohesively. Some of the ideas fit more smoothly than others, I would think, but we'll see.

Alex has Scythe by now, play that. He should have Isle of Dogs by now as well, since it's out?

Also! Meaning to watch/rewatch the following shows if I can squeeze them in: LOST, Babylon 5, a small handful of anime I think.

As far as actual productive things go, like, having any money at all, there's plans for that. Acquiring the money, that's a different story, but I do plan on having it somehow. I've got a driver's permit now (also an ATV permit); maybe it would have something to do with that?

But I don't really know.

There's an article on TOR.com about mental illness/neurodiversity as reflected in the Stormlight Archive. It's pretty long, and's got spoilers, obviously, but it's pretty interesting too, if you're interested by that sort of thing.

https://www.tor.com/2018/06/05/ideal-heroes-mental-illness-in-brandon-sandersons-stormlight-archive/ 

There's a line in there about how incredible it is for this woman to have a whole year ahead planned out, and yeah, I don't even have two weeks planned out, after this. I have a handful of things I need done. I need to suspend my Patreon payments again, as I'm one half a payment away from being bone dry. The last four or five jobs I agreed to, thinking I'd earn money off of them, have yielded no money (maybe some portfolio/resume stuffing? (dang I really should get a LinkedIn like they told me to at school, shouldn't I, though I'm probably going to neglect it just as well as I neglect all of my other social media accounts.)) 

At least I've got four years of college under my belt and zero monetary debt-- such a stunt these days that it's worth a (monetary?) prize unto itself. But I don't know. Don't know much at all.

There's this weird thing where it's like I'm only capable of thinking about myself, but only capable of acting for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment