Wednesday, June 26, 2019

man what do we owe to each other yet

So the post which would have been my last post were it not for my posting something yesterday as well (guess I'm getting back into the habit; couldn't post last week) wondering what we owe to each other, is...

it's a scam right it's so obvious to me that there's no bottom, just learning of the essential oils thing in church those some-odd years ago and seeing how untenable the distribution model is, but... I have a friend who's getting into an MLM and

(cryptocurrency got to look into the business model of that because from what I already understand of it there are some definite similarities)

I knew it's a bad idea but she hasn't / hadn't sunk that much money into it yet and she says that people fail at them because they're not moving the product hard enough and not recruiting hard enough and I say--and it's as close to a warning as I come, and to me it's a pretty strong warning but ???-- that everyone thinks that they're going to be the one to win the lottery though they know the odds are mathematically against any one person.

(An MLM is a pyramid scheme but technically not illegal; ML stands for multilevel which means pyramid, and M is for marketing which sure let's say it's close enough to "scheme" because that's how you recruit people, they lose money so that you can make money and they hope to regain that money by stealing from- sry recruiting- people under them.)

And it's like, how can I tell her more clearly to get out while she still can? I don't have a job or anything rn and maybe that's a good thing because I can't buy in myself and am unrecruitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment