Monday, July 29, 2019

Kiki

So today is apparently the thirtieth anniversary of the release of Kiki's Delivery Service? That was my favorite Ghibli film growing up. Um... that's really all I have to say; maybe leave a comment on what your favorite Studio Ghibli film was as a kid. Also, I was reading this thing about, it was a comic now that I think about it maybe I could link it,

HA FOUND IT 


about how girls are allowed to have boy heroes but we discourage boys from having heroes who are women, even girls who kick butt like Matilda, and like what's with that? So with Kiki being my favorite of all the Miyazaki heroes, I guess I was a pretty lit kid.

(...though hold on. MOST of Miyazaki's movies have female main characters. Which is good, but, shoot, I thought I was being retroactively woke for a sec there...)

So all in all: Miyazaki: amazing. Takahata: amazing. (Pom Poko is my favorite Ghibli movie as an adult.) Studio Ghibli in general: amazing. Just, like, yeah. Life is beautiful, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment