Thursday, September 26, 2019

I Dream of NBC

Good Place final season season premiere tonight at 9:00.  I caught it though we do not have TV, though I've dreamt of having satellite a couple of times the past week, specifically in regards to being able to catch The Good Place.

  1. Grandpa J comes over to live with us for a week. For some reason. He brings his satellite TV subscription, which makes me happy because I can catch The Good Place on NBC, Thursday night at 9:00 8:00 central.
  2. I explain the premise to Mom who sounds intrigued. We watch it and (someone else? and) I explain some exposition so she knows what's going on. Events occur in real life and not on TV, and have nothing to do with The Good Place. There's a treehouse, and an amnesiac cannibal woman who eats raw human livers but hallucinates they're something else.
  3. Real life now. This evening. I head over to Grandpa P's, and we watch Thursday Night football, Green Bay Packers vs Philadelphia Eagles. It's on both FOX and the NFL channel. Packers are 3 and 0, Eagles are 1-2 I think. Packers get an early lead but it's pretty close throughout. At halftime J-Lo and Shakira talk about how they're going to be doing the Superbowl halftime show, which I'd already read about on Twitter, but I don't know for some reason I'm pretty excited for this. The game continues. There's some new rule that allows teams to dispute refs' calls which is pretty interesting. One minute left in the game, Packers are 7 points behind but can still tie it up and go into overtime- they had one minute right before halftime, and made a touchdown then field goal, putting them behind by only one point. The scrimmage line or whatever it's called, the snap point, is like right there in the end zone, so it's looking very possible that the Packers might pull this off. The Packer guy catches it and is stopped by an Eagle guy, and also a second Eagle guy who runs into the first Eagle guy, ramming into his own teammate's head at an angle that practically snaps said teammate's neck. I'm not sure if he's gonna be okay, but he survived long enough to be carried off the field on a gurney. When the game resumes for those last 50 seconds, the Eagles intercept the Packers' throw, taking control of the ball, and let the timer run out for the last 20 seconds. 
    1. The Good Place was pretty rad. I get to explain to Grandpa the basics of what's going on, while managing to keep things as spoiler-free as possible. Not as tricky as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment