Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Card 2015, Plus, Plus More Christmas Stuff (Plus Zootopia Watch)

   The Christmas card coloration is WIP (values, 100% always comes down to values... colorimetrically speaking.) Which I'm surprised at; I guess I didn't think I was honestly going through with it?

   In the spirit of getting something up to show you, though, I figured I'd get some draft art for the card up for you as I did last year. It's far better than it has any right to be going without references for any of it, and I'm hey! kinda proud of this stuff too (though not so proud as to post up the full page of sketches I did for it.)
And here, way G-er rated than I made the concept sound yesterday, she blows.
Though, yeah, actually pretty PG (THINK UPON INNOCENT THINGS.)
   Speaking of reference sketches, I also drew many of those, regarding lagomorph anatomy and Moon... physiognomy?, which I only now, after all this scanning, realize there is also there potentially to look at-- but what the heck, you know what rabbits look like already; it was only important in the process (they're a lot tougher to draw than they look, and it was a  special (and delightful) challenge to conform an at-least-quasi-realistic and plausibly viable bunny anatomy mapped onto the lunar surface. I fudged it with the ears, but you've got to sacrifice something.)

   Meanwhile, a dang review of Christmas! I'm feeling generous I suppose?? 'Cept, these things are always so awkward 'cos you feel like a jerk describing only what you got instead of what you gave... and the only gifts I gave this year went to someone spending their Christmas a state away in Arizona, (which I've only ever set foot into as far as the Hoover Dam, and which reliable HUMINT relays doesn't even celebrate Daylight Savings.)

   Most of my parents' money for me was spent getting me a laptop for college (yes, my parents. If it weren't for the stockings I'd say Santa appears to have skipped our house this year... conspiring with the Easter Bunny on the visitation lists, no doubt.)

   (An obvious joke; Easter Bunny is non-canon.)

   My brother did handle SQUIRREL YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE, and that's, just, more than enough. Do you want to know how enjoyable it is? THIS IS HOW ENJOYABLE IT IS.

The more I look at this photo, the more Asian I think I look.
   Friggin', I had no idea I was being photographed here till I saw it on my mom's blog; that smile is totally unstaged (which is weird, as I'm still only on the first page here which isn't even that great compared with the rest of it.)

ZOOTOPIA WATCH
   Shoehorned in just to get the word "plus" into this post title a third time, because I can. I had to look up to see if there was any news?

   Closest thing I can come up with is from the Zoo Year countdown Tumblr, this post, where... it seems like each species gets their own Vanity Fair equiv? And Vanity Fur is the, trans-species edition? (Trans-species here meaning, across all species, the notion of theria having their own therians can be dealt with later.) And Gazelle is the pop culture star to unite us all? A star we can all gather under? A... Christmas star?

   .Well, alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment