Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Card 2015

   Had a hard time coming up with this year's annual Christmas card... I made a bunch of sketches at 2:00, 3:00 in the morning today mostly dealing with this idea, that bunnies are basically elves, right? With the ears and all-- so I had an idea for, a rabbit elf? Who was also a, um, pole dancer? Yep, scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one; it didn't get very far.

   (Also as an idea: bearded lady Santa, with the beard doubling as clothing? Not a bad idea, but continuing to steer clear of implied nudity...)

   The bunny thing still had potential, and it wasn't until just a couple of hours ago, spotting the moon and realizing, oh yeah, first full-moon Christmas since '77, that everything clicked. There is a rabbit in the moon, and it's not every year that you get this opportunity to do a full-moon-themed Christmas card. (and in fact I'm not sure I caught when the next time this is happening, is...)


   There you go. It's black and white, kind of bland; I'm still proud of it, but I also figure I could do a paint job for that later on. Good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment