Sunday, December 27, 2015

Plus Christmas Plus

   More gifts received, in a less-official Christmas capacity: there'd been a rolling suitcase for me out in the car, for college, while all the other gifts got opened, a special we-didn't-bother-wrapping-this gift the existence of which I was made aware though the nature of which being kept mum (though I guess only at my insistence... hey! Turns out it's a suitcase? Heck, gift, not under the tree, still out in the car, only alerted of after most-to-all of what few betreed gifts had already been gifted me, maybe it was something nice, like, not a suitcase or something, no, don't tell me what it is, I want to find out the Christmassy way.) (So yeah I guess that worked; it was a surprise... Though it's still a pretty swell suitcase I must say. Rull handsome.)

   (Spell check here: betreed is indeed a word apparently! Shakespeare would be proud. Also accepted: Christmassy, though pretty much everyone knows that that is a real word, and... rull? Which I've always taken to mean, "real," but now realize, it could be like a garden instrument for all I know.)

   Also belated Christmas gift: backstory time, Christmas in the evening we fed the elders and also stuffed their stockings I guess?, and so, last-minute shopping for the, whateverth day in a row (it was some really humorously high number) seeing if there was anything we could stocking stuff, we didn't go through with it because things cost money, but freaking Wal-Mart's got a trading card shelf which is amazing though really inconveniently located right where there are a couple of check-out counters, and they didn't have the big tins or anything like they did last year, just these collections of three packs each, but for a pack each like I said things cost money and it wouldn't be worth it, but: My Little Pony Collectible Card Game trading cards, AND, dang this paragraph has been one long run-on, moving on.

   But, returning to the store yesterday to swap out pants for a pair that wasn't so long in the legs, Ryan... picked me up a pack as a gift, I guess? So, SECOND CHRISTMAS BONUS GIFT, most excellent. The three-pack also comes with an exclusive pin... They chose to give me Applejack, of all pin characters... Singlehoofedly changed my mind about apples, so there's that... (Spell check watch: yep, she's a-balkin'. She's a-balkin' all over. Applejack is a real word though of course.)

   I'm not going to waste my time and however much space it'd take up on the SD card to take a photo, when there's already a reasonably serviceable pic of what I mean on the game manufacturer's website...:

(source: http://www.enter-play.com/)
   There were, in the 3-pack given me, no foil cards; I know that photo makes it look like a foil comes specially packaged but that must be a different run I guess? The packs at the store all have one pack of each of the following expansions: Equestrian Odyssey, Crystal Games, and Canterlot Nights (and, oh, sure, we accept the word "Canterlot" here, but can't show any charity for "whateverth...")

   No foils in any of the packs, anyway. There were, foals, of course... Important not to mix that up; you're just rearing for disappointment now.

No comments:

Post a Comment