Thursday, August 29, 2019

B'nooks!

I went to the library today and checked out a few books but I haven't even read so much as the back cover of any of them, very mysterious. Actually now that I think about it I did glance at the back cover of NeuroTribes (which I've told you about hh he er re ee toola-roola-eh) to make sure it was the objectively better, non-Pulitzer one of those two that came out 'round the same time. Very good research! The best research. There are a lot of books to parents having to deal with children with autism, but few toward the autistic themselves, and it's all like, well what's up with that? Spooks, I'mma reckon.

I also checked out "A User's Guide to the Brain," which I hope is the same thing as "The Brain: A User's Guide" because I've heard good things about that one; a Temple Grandin book that I haven't read yet (!); and a book on living with bipolar disorder because I also like reading about other neurological issues but can't ever really find as good readable or especially workable explanations about life with bpd as I can about autism so crossing my fingers that this one will be good???.  (If I'd found Right Brained Children in a Left Brained World I would have checked that out to; I talk about it hh he er re ee toola-roola-eh, and like I've said, the neurology is probably grossly outdated, but it provides such a fascinating model for the neurological/neurodivergent spectra/spectrum that I can't help but like that book.)

Also still need to polish off the last fifthish of Oathbringer so I've got my reading work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment