Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Executive Functioning Metaphor

Exactly this
👉http://adhd-alien.com/


Especially the "now you know better" thing. It feels like that should be the case but there's never really a "knowing better" and it's like... darn. Am I procrastinating? Am I lazy? But those are with things you don't want to do, and it's like, I want to do this, but I can't. When I get nonverbal, I know exactly what it is that I want to say; my voice just won't work to say it, and it's like, well "I guess I should just accept my fate" accept that that thing won't be getting said. So the stove with a button, and another person, it's like, that's really what I need, but it's a catch-22, because in order for me to be a good "catch" I need to do awesome things but in order to do awesome things I need a mate...? (And it gets deeper than that, like... getting a job, is part of it, and having money, and like not having money is an issue, etc.) The alien says medications help her with motivations, give her some buttons though not all, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment