Friday, May 9, 2014

Thespis Strip Dated Sunday, May 9, 2010

 Click to embiggen.
TRANSCRIPT:
Collin's back!? Hey-! wai-! Wha-!?!
HOW!?!
Announcer: OH SNAP IT'S AN AWESOME LEVERAGE-STYLE FLASH BACK!!!!!!
This entire petition thing you're putting together was my idea! You have no free will.
My idea! Mine! (Weell, actually my subconciousness's [sic] idea, because it came to me in a dream, but...)
Flashback Marvin: hmm...
So wait. What you're saying is that I dreamed it?
Marvin: Well, yes...
Ah, Bambi! I remember that strip. November 8th, 2009. I remember it well.
I mean it. I don't even know how I come up with this stuff sometimes.
Flashback Marvin: hmm...
Marvin: That was the moment I knew I had Leverage, so to speak, over you.
As one of your creations, I infected your dreams.
Dreams...
Marvin: Yep. Lots of ideas come to you there, including comics.
Comics?
Marvin: The ones from 3-14-09, 4-5-09, 5-17-09, 9-6-09, 9-13-09, 9-20-09, 11-8-09, 12-06-09, and 3-28-10, point of fact. 

NOTES:
   We get to explore the creative process a little bit here. Since this comic is in black and white except for the speech bubbles, there wasn't really a way to truly capture the blue-tinted-ness of actual Leverage flashbacks,  especially since Marvin already speaks with a blue accent half the time. Maybe could have made the note boxes tinted? In a black-and-white world, I don't think that would have worked...

No comments:

Post a Comment