Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mensiversary

   So much was spent the day before yesterday focused on how I'm graduated and everything, and how this blog reached the 1,000 post milestone, that I totally overlooked another milestone. I'm not entirely certain that it's a "milestone," actually, but it's an anniversary, or, half of one... It's just a couple of days off now, this post, but I'd totally spaced how the 19th also marked the advent of being home off of my mission for half a year. The 20th was the first full day, but yesterday 6-months-after-that was a Wednesday, which means myths, and though I could have posted about this six month mark yesterday I figure myths are appropriate enough, coming from my mission anyway, and all.

   Mensiversary? Like anniversary, from the Latin, but with months instead of years? My spel czech isn't red-flagging it, so, hey! Mensiversary works.

   Here'd be traditionally the part where I talk about being home for half a year, and how it feels, and how home life differs from my mission life... and how one quarter of the people back on the mission have never met me, by now...

   And here's the part where I either shrug that off with some lame excuse, or follow through with that promise. Hoo boy.

   It comes down to expectations, of course. Expectations of now, from then. If it were only that, though, you figure I'd be a lot less hesitant to tackle the subject, with which I am quite comfortable, thank you very much, so either I just lied to you there or it must be something else. What I think it is, it's not really anything that I haven't covered at least briefly elsewhere... and if I wanted to go deeper, I'd have to go, a lot deeper. Like, not likely to be covered in a single post, deeper.

   Who's ready to get angsty?

No comments:

Post a Comment