Saturday, May 30, 2015

On Talking Bunnies

   Caught some Sophia the First a couple of days ago to finally see what all the hype is all about (this probably tells you a lot more about me than you'd care to know, but apparently I define "hype" by the number of coloring books are about something.) From coloring books, it appears that it's traditional hand-drawn, but it's not even that; it's CG. And I'd always thought from the tie-in junior novelizations that there's a guest Disney princess who stops by at the end of every episode who delivers some platitude, but from what I've seen they don't even have that, so I don't know where that comes from.

   What they do have is Tim Gunn. Tim. Gunn.

   And Wayne Brady, so hold on.

   I was watching, like, this show's not all that great, thinking of maybe not even getting through a whole episode, when Sophia's bunny spoke up and it was the most majestic beautiful sound I've heard in my life. "Oh my gosh, bunny," I found myself saying. "Say something again." I saw during the end credits Tim Gunn plays Bailiwick, and Wayne Brady did... something, maybe at least miscellaneous voice acting, which is common for bigger-named voice actors to do from time to time so I didn't think that much of it. Aside from, of course, Wayne Brady how awesome is that. I had to stick around for a few more episodes until someone called the majestically voiced bunny by name (Clover, apparently) so that I knew what name to look for when the end credits came around again.

   And the credits came around again.

   Wayne Brady. You glorious man. (He's on my shortlist, alongside Craig Ferguson and maybe one or two more people, of voice actors/comedians who are not only smart but also very probably geniuses.) I'm not saying that between him and Tim Gunn they make the rest of it worth sitting through, but... man, I'm even considering watching Food Fight --Food Fight!-- just because he voiced the chocolate squirrel thing that's on the cover, of all of the, coloring books...

No comments:

Post a Comment