Friday, May 8, 2015

On: The Kind of Stuff We Mormons Watch

   When I first got home from my mission, the first thing I watched (besides, like, Scott Sterling getting his face caved in, which had come out only a day or two before I'd come home) was, well, you could probably guess what I would have wanted to watch first.

   It was Ender's Game.

   The first movie I actually watched, though, was Catching Fire, because there's a trailer for it on the Ender's Game DVD-- and I saw that it was on Netflix, and I wanted to catch it before it disappeared like Netflix movies do sometimes (for those of you counting, though, yep, it's still there.)

   (The other YouTube videos I watched beforehand were the Hunger Games parody music videos, from the same dudes who brought you Scott Sterling, being BYUTV's "Studio C." So.)

   The first movie my brother who just got back wanted to watch-- well, it was The Saratov Approach, actually. The one about the missionaries who get kidnapped and held for ransom? (Which is... well, I suppose it's a decent enough choice for when you're off your mission...)

   And then we forced him to watch the LEGO Movie, because it's so awesome.

   And then he watched Ender's Game. Got around to it last night. So.

No comments:

Post a Comment