Saturday, March 16, 2013

Film Review: War Horse

   Another Spielberg film review, because I wrote it. Steven Spielberg's War Horse takes place in an alternate version of World War One in which all sides, regardless of nationality, speak English as their first language.

   The puppetry in this film is very good. They're puppets, right? In the stage version, at least. If not, they're really taking away one of the major draws of the original show in adapting it to the big screen. Was that on stage, the scene when Joey jumps over a tank John-McClain-versus-fighter-jet-in-Die Hard 4.0 style? If so, then that should be every scene in every play ever.

   I kind of slept through about half of it, so I've got no idea how Joey is drafted into the military in the first place (being a puppet, I guess,) but at least I woke up in time for Benedict Cumberbatch.

   This film should appeal to everyone who likes either war or horses. And that's pretty much everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment