Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sugar Faith

   Another OC, Sugar Faith. That's like slang for sweet tooth or something, right? Or, in my head, at least. I didn't really intend for her to come up looking so much like Fluttershy, and I actually modeled her more on Rarity, but there you go I guess. Actually, I kind of think she looks like Jodie Foster...

No, calm down. That's a butterfly, not a moth.
    Yeah, I see the tangency there between the foreleg and the... shank? Yeah, I think so. Shank. (A tangency is when points on two planes in a drawing touch without overlapping, cancelling out the illusion of depth.) Beginner's mistake, I know. There's also one between her chin and the butterfly's wing and one between the top of her forehead and her mane, but those feel more in place, like they'd actually be touching. The one between the legs is less excusable, and originally I was going to fix it digitally, but decided against it as it wasn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment