Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Correspondence 11/14/09 20:55 - 22:00

That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 8:55 pm
Here's that one picture I was talking about that one day, the "Life is happy and life is sad" one.



Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:26 pm
Interesting...
What... is... it?

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:31 pm
I don't know exactly, I found it on the interweb last year, and I'm not sure from where.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:33 pm
Drat. This looks like a mystery worth pursuing.

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:34 pm
It was some Japanese oekaki site, I believe, though I couldn't tell you which. I may have another picture by the artist though, I'll check.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:35 pm
Well, I noticed the number 1862 in the URL, like the year:
...Avaeccus/1862.png...

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:37 pm
yeah, I just think that it was picture 1862 out of a number of others.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:38 pm
Seriously? Like, the number of pictures that the guy did? Dude...

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm
No, like of other people too, on an oekaki board, many people post their drawings they do in the oekaki drawing program thing.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm
Oh.

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:43 pm
And, I found the only other picture by him or her I have.


Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:47 pm
While not quite as technically detailed as the first piece, this picture leaves a lot to think about. In fact, the longer one stares at this painting, the more questions spring to mind: Who are these people? Where does the window leave off and the painting begin? Why is the drawing so much crappier than it could have been? Is it to emphasize the subject matter?

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:48 pm
Maybe it wasn't meant to be a serious work? Oekaki boards are usually a fun place to just doodle, I know because I used to draw on them a ton, and that casuality can be seen in my old oekakis.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:52 pm
I prefer to think of the artist as being technically brilliant and trying to make a point. If it wasn't intended to be a serious composition, then the artist would have used much more bright, cheerful colors.
Oh man, I've turned into one of those art critics that tell you what the work means!

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:52 pm
Yeah, that can be bad. I know for a fact that most artists aren't too serious.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 9:53 pm
But then again, it does capture the spirit of imagination, judging by the tilt of the artist in the work's head...

Re: That one Picture
From Persomem to POMegranate   Nov 14, 2008 9:54 pm
I agree with that.
And I've got to be going as well, sorry about that.

Re: That one Picture
From POMegranate to Persomem   Nov 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Actually, no. I've always let any work speak for itself. Whenever I'm in class, and the teacher calls on me to interpret a line of poetry, I alway say, "How can you not get that? It means what it says."
And I'm always paying attention, too, thank you very much.
So, no. I never interpret art.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment