Monday, May 6, 2013

Shinbone Alley

   Garr. How have I not known about this? I just (as I'm typing this) learned that not only have Don Marquis's Archy and Mehitabel stories already been adapted into a Broadway musical (by Mel Brooks and Joe Darion!) (and starring Eartha freakin' Kitt!), but that that in turn was turned into an animated film starring Carol freakin' Channing. Which means that my own planned adaptation of the works into a potential "Cats" sequel are now a total bust. Without some major, major rebranding, of course. Ah, well.

   For those of you that haven't read the Archy and Mehitabel stories, I strongly recommend that you go and do so. Preferably in an illustrated edition, which features the work of George "Krazy Kat" Herriman. They're, um, nothing short of brilliant, you guys. Just, the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment