Friday, May 31, 2013

Thespis Strip Dated Sunday, May 31, 2009

Click to embiggen.

TRANSCRIPT: 
Collin: You wanna know what's an awesome car?
The MINI COOPER!
It's like a cross between a Jeep and a Voltswagon, and it's manufactured by BMW!
Narrator: (Oh, Yeah? Well, how about the Jeep Liberty? It's sort of Voltswagon-and-BMW-ish.)
Marvin: Yeah, and the Toaureg? It's totally a cross between a Jeep and a luxury car, manufactured by Voltswagon!
It's just begging to be on the list.
Collin: Oh, yeah, the Touareg. I forgot about that one.
Editor: (Editor's Note: This is probably because Voltswagon is now manufacturing the Touareg 2, which features some crazy new features such as rollover sensors, re-designed comfort seats, and a sweet new sound system.)
(Oh, and by the way, am I the only one that thinks that "Touareg" sounds like "Tourette's"?

NOTES:
   Cars! I misspell Volkswagen so hard it's not funny (Volts-wagon), which I replicate faithfully n the transcript, but I actually did the research on how to spell Touareg. I did a lot of research on the Touareg, actually, and that's the entire punchline. That one ad of people trying to get the pronunciation right (such a thing exists, yes?) I don't think that that punchline was used it the commercial, but that's certainly what it called to mind. Tourette's. But, really, it's named after the noble African warrior race, the Tuareg (they were the dudes in Sahara, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment