Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thespis Strip Dated Sunday, May 24, 2009

Click to embiggen.
TRANSCRIPT:
Marvin: Look at my hands.
They're Just...
Floating there.
I don't have wrists.
How can I be truly Emo without wrists to slit?
Collin: I LIKE COOKIES!
Marvin: That's... great. I'm soo... Happy... for you.
Collin: I LIKE FORTUNE COOKIES!
WHEEE
Marvin: I wish I had wrists. 

NOTES:
   This is one of the very first jokes I wrote for the script, (and, Cailin says, once of the cleverest, how the character is so self-aware of his biologically impossible anatomy,) but I had thought that the subject matter was a little dark for a school publication, so I held off on it. Until the events of the strip a week previously, that is. Getting away with an interspecies guy-on-guy romance joke like that was... emboldening.

No comments:

Post a Comment