Sunday, December 1, 2013

Two Years Ago Today


Note: The following post was originally scheduled to go up on December 7th, 2014, two years to the day that I left for my two-year mission. Turns out though that lengths of service aren't necessarily exactly two years, leaving this post obsolete. But still fun, so I'm rescheduling it for here. See this post and this post for a couple more words of explanation.

   It's another two years ago today day! Two years ago today I started out on my mission. Since computer stuff for non-mission purposes there is verboten (except for, while we were touring the mission the first time, the missionaries could use the computers to look up political stuff to make a decision on how they would vote (remember, it was around election season, and civic duty is important,)) all of my posts for the last two years had been scheduled to update daily before I left. Gasp, right? Two years' worth of daily posts is a lot of posts to schedule beforehand. I've probably been over this before.


   Anyway, though, now I'm back! This might not be the last post scheduled beforehand, as I don't know when the next time I'll be back is or if I'll have immediate computer access afterwards, so you might see a few more of these scheduled posts. But I should be back. Barring if I died or something. Maybe there was a terrorist attack when I first got there, like there was some weird 2012 Doomsday cult. Maybe I'm dead. That'd be weird for you, wouldn't it be? Weird and haunting. I'm not sure what kind of experience you'd be going through reading this then. After my death, but with new word from me still coming out. Knowing that now that my scheduled posts are coming to an end, this will be the winding down of the last you hear of me. Oh, dear, I hope that's not the case. Hopefully, if I survived those two years, then this will be a funny post.

   How awesome would if be if it was a nuclear explosion, though? Like, how I died. They had nuked all of Salt Lake City. But they've got top-secret bomb bunkers there that I've just told you about, so there's a good chance I survived. (If there was enough electromagnetic radiation from that blast and all the electricity went out, then maybe these posts anyway will be moot.)

   But, if I'm alright, I'll be coming out with brand brand new posts soon. Ooh, I'm so excited. I wonder what new and exciting things I'll have to say. It's exciting. And how exactly I'll say them. Will the interface have changed by then? Will we have holographic screens? Will everything be in the cloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment