Tuesday, December 2, 2014

How Things Look on the Backlog Front

   Went through on the Google Calendar, in conjunction with Blogger- tallying the postdays I missed during my preschedule of two years ago (two years ago today, in fact- I post about doing just that.) So it's been an ongoing process, anyway, figuring out precisely what needs to get done. Crunched the numbers all up yesterday, all the days I hadn't gotten. And I've got some answers today. Let's talk about that.

   I've already done some makeup for it, of all the gaps I'd missed initially- doing that as a part of my backlog check of yesterday. There were a couple of days (no, really, a couple; there were two of them) where it turns out I'd double-booked my posts, and so I could shift those around and knock out two of the open slots. Those two days being, if you want to check it out, August 28th 2013 (which post "Pets" got moved up to the earliest slot I could find available, of Sept 25) and April 4th 2014 (the non-Thespis post of which (Mein Fridge) just got moved to the next day.) For the record.

   Post Sept 23 2013 A New Tack was my official announcement that I wouldn't be able to get all the posts scheduled beforehand, and would be maybe catching up through emails home. The next day was the first official un-pre-scheduled post of those. (Interesting thing, though, there was one post missing on September 12th, turns out, just 11 days before the announcement officially that I'd been running out and I didn't think I'd be able to make it. Turns out I'd missed one... Still trying to figure out what to do with it.)

   From my mission, I emailed the post for September 24th- which turns out never got posted up like I'd instructed; oh well. And Here It Is; check it out- it's also a pretty important announcement, rather well written if I say so myself, but basically saying, from my mission, that I'd thought it over and would then basically not be doing my posts as emails home since that would prove too much a distraction from my service. Saying, yep, I failed, it's not going to be every day like I'd wanted and tried for, at least not yet. It also provides a few reasons why it was still important that I tried.

   Another block of posts I'd sent in more casually, as emails knowing I could blog-ify them later, is the epic months-spanning saga called, the Zucchini Story. Which I posted up yesterday, backlogging those five email/posts to April 26th-30th-- kind of arbitrarily; it was just the first five-day sized chunk from the date of my final Zucchini story email.

http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-zucchini-story-part-i-serial.html
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-zucchini-story-part-ii.html
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-zucchini-story-part-iii.html
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-zucchini-story-part-iv.html
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-zucchini-story-final-entry.html

   At press time, there seems to be a problem with the photos I'd attached to the emails not showing up in Blogger (they showed up when I posted them, so maybe it's just this computer...) If that needs to be fixed, I'll fix it... sometime...

   Alright. That's all the stuff I have manage to cover for so far. I've got a few ideas on the rest of it, but I'm holding off on any major announcements till later- today's excitement has already been quite enough.

   Looking back on all the two years' worth of posts, it was really quite the undertaking and I'm surprised I got as far as I did even with that tremendous initial under-assessment of my task-- and, looking at the quality of a lot of the posts I did manage to get up in time, hurgh, I think in retrospect I should have favored quality instead of quantity on this go-round...

   Making up those missing two years where I wouldn't be here, though, still seems kind of an important thing to have at least started-- (once again, refer to "And Here It Is" for a more detailed account.) Posting those two posts the day Adam died, like that, kind of tied my hands around my back- or at least the understanding that I'd make up for it and smooth things out by simply posting no post on that day a year later as a sort of memorial for him. June 2, 2013 will always go postless. As for the rest of the days...

   118 days, now. That's how many days I need to make up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment