Sunday, June 8, 2014

Scourge w/ Commentary, Page 1


   Setting out into this, the first thing I opened up on, was important, so I tried very hard to get it right. I just decided this, and went from there. Paris, 2073. That's a definitive time and place, which also sets a mood. It is sunset, and there is a vegetable vendor hocking his wares in the last light of the setting sun. A shadow falls across his booth. Et cetera. Getting into a rhythm. It can go a lot of places from here. I'm not sure why he's wearing an eye patch, no. But, on the very first page we get our sound effect: BZORT, which signifies the aliens... dissolving DNA, I guess. That's the sound it makes.

   The first page presents a good opportunity to talk about the color of this comic, seeing as how it's the first page, as well as containing a sunset, which means pretty colors. This comic is the only full color 24 hour comic I've done so far. The ease of how this comic at least seemed allowed me to get a tad more ambitious with my next comics, though actually this one is the most epic in scope. Ambitious in terms of artwork quality and storytelling and artistic direction, I mean. Stylistically, in terms of layout and everything, this comic is fairly vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment