Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scourge w/ Commentary, Page 5


   And here we are, in... Long Island!? I guess. i can't seem to remember putting that, but that's apparently what I put. Enter out from under the shadow of the bed Dustin, a punnily named Roomba (it took Joe a while to realize that it was a pun, but when he got it, he got it.) We see a "Baby" magazine there under the bed (not girly, though I think originally the magazine's name would have been "Babe," which I think definitely would be (or, barring that, about pigs.)) This magazine changes his character from a bachelor who lives with a robot to a man with a wife and possibly a bun in the oven. Sure, a bun in the oven, why not; it's not like we see her ever except in the fantasy sequence on the following page.

   So, Dustin comes out from under the bed and bumps into... huh, I guess I never thought to name my main character. Oh well. Him and his awesomely colored shoes. A nice POV of what a Roomba apparently sees there, with a HUD identifying the man. What's it say? It's hard to make out, but, Hall, or something? No, I remember, that's supposed to represent "hello," so, no, I don't think he's ever named.  I don't think the main character, whoever he is, was supposed to be all that cyborgy- but I guess the Roomba POV makes everyone's arms look super skinny but they're like wearing gloves? The only electronic part of him is half of his head. Maybe this skinny arm might reflect early character design or something. I don't think I would have made that big of a mistake if it were a mistake, so must be? Though notice how the bookshelf behind him there is exactly lined up with where the "glove" thing starts, so I might have been trying to disguise it. But I wasn't without White-Out. So, I don't know, one way or the other. It's been lost to time.

   The main character protagonist puts the hot cup of whatever down on a bookshelf after apparently switching it to his left hand, and starts... well, you see what he does. I don't have to narrate everything. But, man, does that Roomba have some powerful suction, to be able to crawl around a guy's face with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment