Thursday, June 19, 2014

Scourge w/ Commentary, Page 12


   Some of the boldest panel design in the entire book here, with the "we're here" and then the establishing shot of the Chicago Art Institute. I've got no idea what the Chicago Art Institute looks like, so I just went as far away from what it possibly looks like as I could to signify, yes, this is the future, and we're taking artistic liberties with this. They've, just, gotten new architecture by then. totally awesome architecture.

   "For what are we looking?" Yeah, Ash just talks like that. You can kind of see beret cyborg guy sort of raising his eyebrow at that on (that is actually why I drew him raising his eyebrow like that, at Ash's clunky attempt at not dropping her participle, so yeah, take that as canon.)

   Nicolas Poussin's Saint John on Patmos is indeed part of the A.A. Munger collection, and it is indeed currently located at the Chicago Art Institute (last time I checked, when I wrote this comic,) but I'm not sure that it's ever been at the Louvre, and in fact I just Dan Brown'd the heck out of the painting's history. All other information given here about the painting is accurate. Except for maybe its depicted size. But Dan Brown did the same thing with a lot of paintings in the Da Vinci Code as well, so I'm following a rich tradition here and it might be deliberate.

No comments:

Post a Comment