Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Scourge w/ Commentary, Page 4


   There's really not much to say on this page. I don't know how to draw helmets, is one thing. He shoots the painting so hard, it explodes. How sickgnarly is that? The style in which I draw explosions hasn't changed since maybe second grade or earlier. Note the thick chunky tendrils of explosion. Also, the D'varri are apparently able to narrow their eyes and speak English. Because the Moldovian guy is speaking English. Who knew?

   I guess I should also say this about Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me the painting itself. Besides the fact that apparently it classifies as fine art, enough to have been inspired by D'varri psychic waves. Somehow, in some form, it had alien DNA subconsciously secretly painted into it. The weird teeth... ear... things coming out of the top of the woman's head (you can see the painting more clearly when it's not on fire, on the previous page) were supposed to be cat ears, I guess slipping my requisite Cats reference into the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment