Saturday, June 14, 2014

Scourge w/ Commentary, Page 7


   Yeah, that's Ash for you I guess. I mean, I guess, I guess. This is just a wild-- I mean, I've got no idea.

   Makes even less sense when she's on topic, though. "Strange jank. Moldovian soldiers bursting into art museums, destroy random paintings. Or at least seemingly random. We've sent you a list of 'em. Get to work." Who talks like that? Strange jank, okay. Jank is strange (the meaning of the word "jank" depends entirely entirely entirely upon context. Meaningless on its own. Utterly meaningless. But a word is never on its own. It's always used in a context. For example if there was just the word, "jank!" that'd probably be an interjection. Et cetera.) Future slang, I guess? But the next sentence isn't even a sentence, and Moldovia isn't even a place, and... (Maybe Moldova has remerged with the land of the medieval Moldavian province, and this amalgam has been called Moldovia? THE FUTURE.) "Or at least seemingly random" has got to be one of the most wretched sentences in the English language. And so on.

   Okay, maybe Ash just talks like that. Yeah, that's it. No wonder our hero is rejecting her advances.

No comments:

Post a Comment