Monday, September 1, 2014

Correspondence 4/5/11 14:32 - 4/8/11 11:54

   I give Cailin carte blanche on the idea for our next album, and we discuss the idea of whether Comrade Helicopter is a "concept" band and whether or not Felinity Femininity was a total Sophomore slump (it just might not be.)

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 5, 2011 2:32 pm
I was thinking, for the next album, you should do what I did for False Prophets of Greensboro.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 6, 2011 11:39 am
Which is?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 6, 2011 12:03 pm
Made it up.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 6, 2011 2:40 pm
Oh. Um, how do you feel about a "concept album"?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 6, 2011 3:01 pm
Awesome-lish.
(Remember, you can put songs you've already written on it, (if you feel they fit the concept, I suppose.))

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate  Apr 6, 2011 3:42 pm
Though I don't know what concept we could do.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 6, 2011 7:31 pm
Yeah, I just think that all of our albums are more or less "concept"

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 6, 2011 8:18 pm
You know, in a sense,

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 7, 2011 12:07 am
Nothing terribly consistent, though.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 7, 2011 12:12 pm
Well, False Prophets of Greensboro has many lyrical resonances in it, from mentions to crime scenes and other subtle references like that, and Birds Cracking Foxy is sortly of talkier, more philosophical (and possibly even political) than we usually are.
I also think I would like to write the tune for Tell Me About Your Day. Because, if you look at it, Felinity Femininity is about us as a band, you know? It starts of with songs by you, then it goes into songs by me, some of which had tunes by the feed which I don't usually do, and then it goes into our first co-written song, and two more songs by you. While as the first was more isolated, you know?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 7, 2011 3:49 pm
Analyzing it that way, I have to agree. But I'd describe that and a "concept" album to be two different things. More like our growth as a band.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 7, 2011 5:40 pm
Well, loosely, but I just mean it's got a more or less of a theme.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 8, 2011 11:54 am
I don't really care when the next album gets done, as long as we're, like, legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment