Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Own Stylishness

   My own art style, character design versus actual style. There's something, I'm not sure what, in my STYLE that makes you able to tell it's by me. Could it be in what I put in or leave out? I think it's more in my shapes and lines. Line pressure or something. Maybe. This is even doing someone else's character, you know? With my own brand of character design, there's certain traits as well.

   My eyes tend to be very small. I've noticed that, and it's been pointed out to me, as well. I'm not sure if it's normal to draw eyes larger. Could it be the autism that's responsible for that? Lack of eye contact, lack of placing any special significance into eyes. A lot of cartoon characters have eyes that take up almost half of their faces. The Loony Tunes, for instance. Big old oval things. (It kind of helps with eye contact if I imagine the other person as a Friendship is Magic pony, with the eyes all big and pretty and sparkly. I don't always do that, so there's not much of a chance that I'm imagining you as say, Derpy, while I speak with you- but the chance is there.)

   But, yeah, even when I'm doing someone else's character design style, there's still something there that's recognizable as my own style. It's unique, I guess, to me, so it could still be a strength instead of a weakness, but I'm not sure if it could be keeping me back from any new techniques.

   I was reviewing old stuff, which isn't even recognizable as my style very much. But with more recent stuff- I was originally not a big fan of my style, but, hey, that's not bad. Do I think I'm very good? Cailin doesn't think she's that good, but everyone else thinks she is. Can all you see are your own mistakes? A wise man thinks himself to be a fool. Does that tie into it? I think I'm getting better but I can still tell that I drew it.

   But some things are just inescapable.

No comments:

Post a Comment