Sunday, September 21, 2014

Correspondence 9/7/11 12:18 - 20:03

   We discuss an admittedly kind of mediocre fantasy mystery premise. It's not much of a conversation, even, as we can't penetrate it, but, if I just say the idea here, I figure I won't actually have to write it.

Re: Nycaster Quote
From POMegranate to Persomem   Sep 7, 2011 12:18 pm
How about a short story about alchemy, in which they find the unidentifiable remains of someone who managed to transmute lead into gold, but also takes away three protons (thus transforming the elements) from every single atom in the surrounding radius, including from the alchemist himself! (I'm not sure what would happen to any element under Beryllium, nor am I sure that this idea is even all that original; it depends on how it's handled, I guess.) Thoughts?

Re: Nycaster Quote
From Persomem to POMegranate   Sep 7, 2011 12:41 pm
We'd have to get pretty into the science to find out, but it has potential.

Re: Nycaster Quote
From POMegranate to Persomem   Sep 7, 2011 12:54 pm
Yeah, the chemical bonds and stuff. We'd have to find out the composition of the human body, (mostly carbon, so it'd become lithium) and suchn'such. Also, ever realize the first three letters of Nycaster are NYC?

Re: Nycaster Quote
From Persomem to POMegranate   Sep 7, 2011 1:36 pm
I guess I didn't? I'm sure someone will weave significance into it.

Re: Nycaster Quote
From POMegranate to Persomem   Sep 7, 2011 8:03 pm
Well, there's a new book about the periodic table that's supposed to be pretty good (The Disappearing Spoon by Sam Kean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment