Friday, September 12, 2014

Correspondence 4/9/11 10:57 - 4/15/11 1:05

   Cailin reveals that though she has been established as "the bass guy," she has an utter lack of musical abilities, coupled with an "abysmal" rhythm. I sort of pioneer a way around that (on Wikipedia.) I offer to buy her an instrument, but Cailin would rather pay for her own, as her honor system prevents her from being made a charity case. Makes sense.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 9, 2011 10:57 am
I really should try and learn an instrument. I just don't have any to learn.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 9, 2011 5:03 pm
Besides the bass guitar?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am
Depending on what I can get my hands on, I suppose so.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 11, 2011 6:36 pm
Once said instrument is obtained, (I just realized,) (as well as the glass chord-formy thing, which I hear also produces interesting sound,) all you really need is to know which frets to use to produce which chords. Also, how's your rhythm?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 11, 2011 7:29 pm
And if you want, you can write the tune for "Deliriance" if you want, because at the time I wrote it, I was afraid it sounded too much like one song but now I think it sounds exactly like another but I won't say which songs lest they taint your tune writing if you decide to do it. If you do that, I suppose you'd have to write the tune for one of your own songs on Felinity Femininity, which would really take priority over you writing the tune for one of my songs anyway, so I suppose you don't have to if you don't want or anything.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm
Abysmal?

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 12, 2011 9:30 pm
Well, even better, then, I s'pose.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 14, 2011 2:01 pm
Doing the research (on Wikipedia) it looks like using the technique described is really easy. The thing with the bottleneck is called "sliding," and, while I can't find any mention of actually using drumsticks on the bass, it appears similar to the technique known as "slapping." When using the "sliding" technique, pressing against the frets just produces a buzzy noise, so it looks like you could just go with a fretless bass if you wanted. Bass Guitars are usually tuned to (from highest to lowest) G-D-A-E, but with open tuning, which means tuning the strings so you don't have to do anything fancy to make a chord, I'm thinking you should go with D-G-B-D.
What I'm getting at here is that it would take like literally like zero effort (other than the tuning, which should be fairly simple) to sould like the most amazing bassist in the world. Also, sticking the phrase (on Wikipedia) into a sentence is fun, and should be done more often.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 14, 2011 3:13 pm
Interesting! That certainly makes me want to try. The issue is, I don't have a base, and I can't imagine any are in my current price range of zero dollars. I need a job, but I think I'd pay for other things before I bought a bass, so there's that.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From POMegranate to Persomem   Apr 14, 2011 3:41 pm
I has monies.

Re: Comrade Helicopter
From Persomem to POMegranate   Apr 15, 2011 1:05 am
I'd rather pay for it on my own. Always feel guilty otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment