Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Assessment Battery

So I've been in the process of applying for a job at Wal-Mart because this overnight thing opened up which sounds ideal because who sleeps at night, right?; only I didn't say anything about it till now because, well one let's face it I've not been saying much of anything lately, but two, it seemed like such a shoe-in thing but not for certain so why bring it up early when you can wait if it actually comes true? And all this time it turns out that my application wasn't complete and there was this assessment I needed to take and I failed that today, so I wouldn't be able to reapply for another five months just as an automated system thing. In five months' time, of course, it won't matter.

And playing Super Mario Odyssey this evening and thinking about that, how maybe I can get someone to reset so I can take it again simultaneously also proving how dedicated I can be, Dad comes in and says how he doesn't want me playing video games all day for the rest of my life, living in my parent's metaphorical basement and working just at Wal-Mart when I could do so much better. And I was playing video games because like the Wal-Mart thing went south, and I don't want to make a career of Wal-Mart anyway I just really need a job, and night shifts how perfect is that?

And so I'm not sure whether I should request the assessment reset or whatever, because maybe not working at Wal-Mart would be a Good Thing, and it was a Good Thing that I failed the assessment?

(So the assessment is like this personality test, I guess seeing if the position you're applying for is a good fit for you?, and I fail personality tests just like in general as a general principle, even though  that shouldn't be possible because personality tests aren't pass/fail by definition.)

(Like, the assessment asked the same questions over again a bunch, and I'm pretty sure I gave polar opposite answers each time, because like, ????.)

(And like I'm sure probably if I did have a personality then I would totally know how to feel about all this, but I guess I don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment