Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Spit vs Polish

Figured I may as well get in a post today on this blog, though I'm far more interested right now in Pretzelize Me, Cap'n!. I learned a lot of weird and wonderful things today, but I'm not sure if I'm going to talk about them elsewhere in a more polished state, and I hate doing things like that redundantly, but I'm never satisfied with my level of polish, and so I never complete anything? And I don't like having the final say, in case I messed up somewhere, and I was able to publish so much project on my mission because hypothetically there was a buffer there in the form of my project supervisor(s) who'd give everything the once-over before things went to print. 

I realized today that heck I should at least be shooting stuff, under the knowledge that I'd have myself later as the buffer in the form of editor, but then I thought about how I'm never satisfied with the footage I got the first time around and go back and reshoot like everything and so it takes me forever anyway, and could I really be strictly an editor in my role as editor and get things done without extensive reshoots? That's the goal at least.

I could potential spend another half hour sweeping the cobwebs of the edges of the thoughts in this post, but I'm going to try to practice what I'm trying to preach, and just call this post good.

No comments:

Post a Comment