Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Couple o Yesterday Things

Dinner, Dad invited a new church member, a filmmaker invited so that he could talk to me about filmmaking. I might be doing stuff on set with him later. He’s got dope equipment though personally, so that’d be nice to get hands onto. Talks a lot, while I’m better at communicating through writing than speaking. Were I to become a film director how would I make my intent known? Just get used to speaking out loud? They say I’m a creative person, but John (the guy’s name) he’s just whizzing out new ideas, and, frankly like, that’s the way to do it. I feel so small compared to that. 

Then at rehearsal, they applauded my solo. We went through the entire first act, and I guess this was the first time most of them had heard it, but still. They all applauded me. None of them terribly shabby singers themselves, and… I don’t know. I guess I spend too much time alone, or… don’t know how to gauge my own strength, too used to myself and thus am not confident in what I’m comparatively good at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment