Sunday, March 11, 2012

In Case Your Terrible Life Still Isn't Inspiring Great Art

   Okay, so, your life generally really is terrible, which inspires emotion which inspires Art. Even then, will your Art get recognized in your lifetime? That's another thing they say about Artists, isn't it. That some of the greatest artists aren't even recognized until after their deaths. This isn't universally true, of course. I mean, it's certainly not true with Mozart, who was a child prodigy, or even Da Vinci, who was commissioned a lot by like the Medici house or whatever.

   But, um... Shoot, van Gogh was known during his lifetime, wasn't he? Based off of his friendship (or at least relationship) with Gauguin. But, didn't he only sell one painting in his life, for, like, marbles? Or I think that was Mark Twain selling Tom Sawyer or something, was the marbles thing. And he was popular in his time. I mean, he was friends with Nikola Tesla, for crying out loud.

   Nevertheless! There's probably at least one artist who only got discovered after his or her death. You can always comfort yourself with this fact.

   I guess why I'm saying this is because I kind of think that I've got something to prove, artistically, only my life isn't all that terrible, so I build these theories for myself. I'm not into art for art's sake. Well, I am, but it's just a hobby that I want to be an occupation. Make money doing things you enjoy doing. Everyone wants to be successful, but not everyone's entitled to it, but even if I out of all people am entitled to it not everyone gets what they deserve. So for me it's just motivation to work harder. I want to be known during my lifetime. Not after it. During it. Even if I'm discovered or whatever, if it's only after my death, I'm still going to consider that a failure from Heaven.

  Yeah, I guess that that's an admission that I'm not yet famous. Or even yet pro. Which means that I'm an amateur. Why are you even putting up with me, then?

   Man, I sound like a moody teenager or something.

   You should feel bad for reading this. Like, really, really bad. Be ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment