Sunday, August 5, 2012

Beginning to Sound Familiar

   Another mass shooting. I'd leave it alone, as I'm more of a pop culture type blogging guy, but this is too too soon on the heels of the last one (which did have something to do with pop culture), and, ah man, I really like Sikhs. What's up with that? Though I really can't see anyone being able to say for sure. It'd be too easy to assume motive for the killers, too easy to assume they want fame or infamy and for us to share their names. Too easy to assume that the victims would want their stories told, that they weren't the sort of people who were private about their lives. Too easy just to talk about it and say that everything's too easy.

   I know I've been guilty about these assumptions in the past, at least in passing reference, but I've had time to do more thinking and research on the subject. You do something, you follow through with it. Here's my follow-through.

   More follow-through: the thing I'm hopefully going to post tomorrow; the fact that the reason I had to backdate last post was because I was waiting to see if the official film trailer would come out, for me to post, like it was supposed to yesterday; the reason that my post being backdated is somewhat appropriate because my next post has to do with time travel (but maybe that's giving too much away already); Dolly Parton is still alive, and I don't think anyone at all believed when I claimed otherwise. Though I sure hope I sent them scrambling to verify that.

No comments:

Post a Comment