Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Straws!

   So, I went to the doctor's again yesterday, to check up on how I'm healing after my wisdom tooth extraction. Looks good. I'm fine. My mouth hole-- that is, hole in my mouth-- looks pretty clean. It still kind of hurts, but the city is down to normal speaking volume, low enough that I don't require the use of pain meds. Yay. I can eat hard foods and other normal stuff again, and am now allowed to drink through straws. Which means... well, it means that I can drink through straws. Straws, you know? Straws.


   I was given a mouth mirror, and got a special syringe with which to advance to the next stage of rinse-out: squirting the saltwater directly into the tooth hole. In theory the hole'll get smaller until I'm unable to fit the syringe, and then I'll be done. So it looks like I'll soon be able to post about things other than how my mouth feels. Like ponies.

With straws!

   So now I'll be able to drink, you know, like- like things one would drink through straws. I don't normally use straws, so it wasn't really that big of a deal for me last week, except for when I was on that purely liquid diet at the very beginning. That ability would have been useful then. Still, I'm thinking of using this new-found freedom today. A straw, I'm thinking, with pineapple juice. (Happy birthday, or whatever it is they've got up in heaven, man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment