Thursday, August 30, 2012

Requirement: Want vs. Need

   So, I got to use a straw, and I used a straw. Vampire'd the heck out of that pineapple juice. Also, ate some pineapple in solid-state. Fresh pineapple with all of its fibers and pulp isn't really the best for your teeth on a good day, and you'd need to do a lot of flossing anyway. So I needed extra dental care after that one. It was still alright, though. As worth it as anything else.

   Syringing out the hole in my mouth flushed a disturbingly large number of chunks from it. It kind of makes sense, seeing how crumbly teriyaki pineapple turkey burgers are, but seriously how deep is that hole? Syringing it out kind of hurt, so I guess I know I'm not done syringing until the aching restarts. Maybe I was a bit premature in saying I no longer needed any pain pills. I specifically said yesterday I don't "require" the use of pain meds, and it still was true, I don't.

   That word "require" was carefully chosen, because there's kind of a bit of a distinction there in what you want and need. Remember, I didn't use any pain meds the first couple of days, when they would have been the most useful. I just didn't want them, because I wanted to feel myself healing, and to feel if anything hurt abnormally in case anything went wrong. I guess now that it doesn't hurt as much and I don't need to know if it hurts, I'm entitled to require pain medication. Funny how that works.

   So, that's it. It still kind of hurt yesterday when I said that I didn't require medication, it's just that the pain was down enough for me not to want it. I did want some after syringing and the pain went back up, so it was required there. I popped two more ibuprofen, so right now I can't feel any pain (not in my mouth at least, which is what this is about.) I wouldn't know if my mouth still hurts, so I wouldn't know if I would make the same claim on requirement. Probably. Only now, there's a subsection in there about what happens after syringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment