Monday, August 13, 2012

Chewing

Achtung! Semi-Graphic Descriptions of Vomit to Follow!


   One month ago. Throwing up after gorging myself on Independence Day weekend foodstuff. There were some kind of big chunks in there that were hard to wash out of the sink. I've been trying to eat smaller bites and chew better, but I guess I wasn't doing a very good job. I've been try to chew better lately because- wait, hold on.

(Okay now.)

   I've been trying to chew better lately because it's good to chew, I guess. I realized that it's easier to chew if you take smaller bites. Look, I've got a list.
  1. Chewing makes you eat over a longer period because you eat slower, making you feel fuller sooner, so you don't overeat. You know this one.
  2. Chewing releases and helps absorb unsaturated fat (the good kind of fat, apparently.)
  3. Some other third thing to justify me telling you this in a list format. I guess I'll just reiterate some stuff.
  4. It's easier to chew if you take smaller bites in the first place, so do that.
  5. This also helps you breathe if you have restrictions against breathing through the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment