Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Other//half Protagonist

   The main character, as I understand him so far, is bipolar. Both//halves of him. Hmm, the pronouns here are kind of confusing. And that's not even getting into the fact that half of his spirit comes from a female. I'm sure I'll discover some system, maybe a fancy chart. I think it's going to include the slash system I've already devised, such terms as either//half and neither//half-- prefix slash (preslash?) to the word if it's the noun, sufslash to the word if it's the adjective.

   He was an artist, and he was off his meds, both swinging between mania and depression, creative genius and inescapable despair. His /halves were timed out so that one of them would always be in the high swing while the other/ was in the low, so that both of him combined was always cranking out inspired works of emotional and spirited creativity, which only happened half the time as a single spirit. This lifestyle was draining, so he stopped. His /halves began drifting apart, and he no longer considers himself to be the same person.

   Both of him are back on medication, both leading fairly normal lives, apart from each//other. Until, of course, the inception of the story. This is only one of the ways the combination of souls can go, only one story that can be told of all of them possible in this universe  though. I'm planning on a larger world beyond just his story. A big ensemble cast of characters.

   And I actually think I'll be able to do this one justice, too, is the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment