Saturday, August 11, 2018

There's Nothing to Stop This from Being the Best Day Ever

I'm super excited for the Sabbath tomorrow. Last Sunday it was all, Sabbaths should mean something to me, so I'm going to live this week in preparation for the next one. And so I, well I tried at least. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but I'm back on track now.

Darn it, I really want to go see the Teen Titans Go! movie for some reason. I'm feeling really simpatico with Cartoon Network right now, is probably it. Cartoon Network is somehow awesome again. Yay.

I want to paint stuff again. There's a reason easels exist, I've discovered. I just looked it up, and the word easel actually comes from the Dutch word for donkey which makes sense, and doesn't have anything to do with the word "ease," which-- yep, I just looked it up, and its origins have nothing to do with the Dutch word for donkey. Easels make things easy, is what my point was.

So anyway- there's this long-term project I've been working on and I feel really good about it right now, like there have been days when it's all what is this, what are all these elements doing together, this is random and arbitrary, and really discouraging- but it's like there's a floodgate of inspiration that's opened up today, only two or three elements really, but they've just gelled the whole thing, and opened the whole thing up. 

Today started out, well not rough or anything, but it could have started out better let's say. But the U2 lyric, from their album which I own which I haven't even gotten the chance to listen to, really helped me, and, heck maybe it was the best day ever today.

It's way beautiful, isn't it, this moss-covered stone hurtling through an inexorably vast void.

No comments:

Post a Comment